Bachelor Degree Paralegal for Portland Office
Schroeder Law Offices, PC, seeks a full-time paralegal in its Portland Office. This fast-paced position is for a person interested in working with agricultural producers and small rural municipal water purveyors in a flexible and supportive environment.
In this position you will
- Manage client files to proactively anticipate meeting and filing preparation in coordination with attorneys. Consider each incoming document in assigned cases to facilitate timely follow-up on deficiencies or deadlines.
- Directly contact clients, consultants, courts, and opposing counsel and support staff as needed, traveling throughout Oregon as needed for assigned client matters.
- Research and review court and administrative rules and statutes ensure compliance with filing requirements and deadlines for both transactional and litigation work.
- Research and review property information using available resources ranging from Google Earth, Oregon Maps and USGS Earth Explorer to County online records systems, Oregon Secretary of State’s entity details database, State and Federal archives databases, and Oregon Water Resources Department water right information system.
- Draft correspondence to clients, Court, and opposing counsel. Draft motions, affidavits, service of process documents, discovery filings, and organization and summarization of documents to assist associates with filings.
- File pleadings and filings using variety of e-filing systems; prepare and file water right documents, including applications, assignments, and ownership updates; submit deed/conveyance documents for recording.
- Coordinate with legal secretary to complete hearing/trial preparations, document organization, large service projects or mailings. Finalize outgoing items and filings to verify accurate content, including review of all references and facts to source documents (water rights, deeds, maps, cases, rules).
- Review and organize discovery materials for production.
- Represent firm in targeted marketing areas.
Applicants must have Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and either paralegal education or minimum two years’ experience in the legal field. Applicant characteristics must include a strong work ethic, comfort working in a team environment, learning by doing with minimum supervision, adaptability to variety of environments on the road, a willingness to assist with various tasks as needed, and strong communication, networking, and relationship-building skills.
Candidates we consider are highly organized and detail oriented. The position requires excellent grammar and proofreading skills, ability to work independently and prioritize a diverse and busy workload, strong time management skills and ability to independently manage follow-up and meeting deadlines.
Schroeder Law Offices PC is a paperless office using Practice Master – Practice Management Software and Worldox document management software. Applicants should exhibit computer experience and an ability to learn and adapt to new computer programs and procedures.
Competitive salary and benefits are offered starting immediately.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to Scott Borison.